Date nights have become something special for Joey and I.
We have so much fun together and really love carving out that quality time.
Way more memories. Intentional memories at that.
Along with more of everything else- admiration, appreciation, understanding, healing, loving, being.
Once we got back from our 2020 mini retirement, we decided on 3 intentional date days / nights a month.
It’s been a regular thing ever since, and we’ve been keeping a list.
I’ve posted it here as a form of accountability, with some hope that we inspire others to do more fun, intentional stuff together.
Let’s break it down!
Goal: Date night 36 times a year (3x / month)
Strategy: Keep a running log (you’re looking at it!)
Tactic: Alternate date night ideas
19/36 date nights completed for 2021
2/9 date nights completed for quarter 3 of 2021
This list is current as of 6/19/2021
- 1/6/21: both – full day snowboarding at blue mountain
- 1/21/21: both – half day snowboarding at blue mountain
- 1/27/21: both – snowboard waxing
- 2/4/21: both – full day snowboarding at blue mountain
- 2/20/21: both – Bella burgers and raw dogs
- 2/22/21: both – 4 hr at blue snowboarding
- 3/2/21: both – 4 hr at blue snowboarding
- 3/6/21: both – all day hunter mountain snowboarding
- 3/16/21: both – 4 hr at blue mountain
- 3/27/21: Cor – grounding documentary and corie pearlie
- 4/3/201: Joey – fire, dinner, cookies
- 4/9/2021: Cor- bike shop + pennypack trail ride
- 4/18/2021: Jodi- talk time, dinner, smoke
- 4/29/2021: Cor- vivid vision / career talk
- 5/8/2021: Jodi- long bike ride in pennypack
- 5/12/2021: Cor- Magical Andes docuseries
- 5/21/2021: Jodi- vegan pizza, quesadillas, and ice cream night
- 6/2/2021: Cor- tacos and talk time
- 6/7-9/2021: Jodi- quality time road trip from Philly to Florida
- 10/7: Joey – Philadelphia Magic gardens, Dottie’s, potato wraps on the go
- 10/14: Cor – cookies + travel board + joint
- 10/31: Joey – goal card, one thing, moon ceremony, meatless meatballs, left over beers/ joint
- 11/7: Cor – walk + painting rocks, brought lunch, chilum, left our mark (c+j 2020)
- 11/10: Joey – adult coloring books and too much cookies
- 11/25: Cor – dinner and documentary (charged)
- 12/2: Joey – cruise, vegan ice cream, hiking doc (John Mur Trail)
- 12/9: Cor -cruise, smoke, bella burgers!
- 12/18: both – half day snowboarding at blue mountain
- 12/24: Joey – cookies and my octopus teacher
- 12/31/20: Cor – wine, sexy time, rearrange bedroom