Amazing work! You put in the time and energy and achieved your weight loss goal.
Now is the time to keep your awareness on high alert. Stick with your new habits and they will give you the direction you need.
If we allow ourselves to fall back into old routines the pounds come back – simple as that!
Below are some tips to keep weight off in a healthy way…
Have a daily checklist
This is your list of healthy habits you plan to do today. I like to use Google Sheets to keep track of how I’m doing.
- fruit until noon
- eating window 12-7pm
- plant-based diet
- 1 gallon of water
- 30 minutes of strength training
- 1 mile walk / run
- 5 deep belly breaths
- plan for tomorrow
Choose a healthier alternative
Eat plants, feel better. An easy swap here and there can have ya feeling less bloated and irritated, and more energized and healthy.
Here are some of my personal fav swaps…
- almond milk instead of cow milk
- beans, tofu, tempeh instead of meat
- nutritional yeast instead of cheese
- fruit smoothie instead of a milkshake
- coffee with oat milk
- fruit water instead of juice or soda
- pizza with no cheese, add veggies
- salad with dressing on the side
Recreate your favorite dishes with healthy ingredients
Here are some easy plant-based recipes for your reference including comfort foods and desserts☺️
Have food prep and snacks on go
There are three staple foods in the plant-based diet…
Your fridge should always have at least one cooked up ready to heat and eat so you can make meals quickly throughout your busy week!
What are your healthy snacks that hit those cravings? Make sure to have them quickly and readily available – the less hassle to make in the moment the better.
- hummus and baby carrots
- oats, peanut butter, almond milk
- avocado toast with everything but the bagel seasoning
- protein shake
- side salad with acv, oil, salt, pepper
- pure maple syrup, cacao powder, nuts
Drink fruit water and hot tea
It’s important to stay hydrated we all know that…
And adding fruit to your water like lemon or strawberries will give ya an extra boost – feeling good, looking good, doing good😎
Hot tea is how we can benefit from herbs in a fun and soothing way.
My fav tea combos right now:
- morning: peppermint tea bag, squeeze of lemon
- afternoon: vitamin C shine tea bag
- before bed: sleepy time tea bag, black cherry tea bag, dried hibiscus flower
Be ready to choose healthy
When you go out for food or drinks, be on high alert of what you say yes to.
Does the restaurant have healthier alternatives? Before committing to an invite out to eat, I always look up a menu online to see what I would get. If the place doesn’t work for me, I’ll suggest somewhere else.
Another fun tip is to have a go-to low cal drink you can order when you’re out – whether it’s alcohol or not. Ya can never go wrong with a club soda, splash of cranberry, and lime.
Sit down once a week to reflect
- What were some wins this week?
- What did we learn / any ah-has?
- What are some needed fixes?
- When are we getting these needed fixes done? Schedule the task in if needed.
Keeping weight off is all about doing the little stuff everyday. Are your decisions moving you away from your goal, or toward it?