Making a change. If we don’t do things differently, there will never be a change.
If nobody taught you how do to it, how would you do it?
1) Create your own set of rules- a system that works for you. What we need is a life system. Nowadays, 10 shots of tequila costs me 3 days… definitely not for me. We are all unique in our own ways. If it doesn’t feel right, you gotta trust your instincts and remove it.
2) Day dream often. Become the superhero in your head. Daydreaming will open your mind to the many different things you can learn and do. Think about the person you want to become, the traits you will have, etc. Make these as detailed as possible.
3) Plan backwards. 1. Write down what you want to accomplish in a given period. For example: travel adventures in a 12 month period. 2. Plan it out: when are you going, where, what’s the budget? 3. Go into your calendar and schedule your trips in. Work around them; they are non negotiable events. Start with the end in mind so you are able to make up a plan that will likely bring your goal to fruition.
4) Be opened minded. Be accepting of different things. Learn to listen to people who do it differently without judgement.
5) Live with a little less structure– more willingness to be flexible and do things that come up.
6) Declutter your spaces. Someone needs it more than you do.
7) Whiteboard ideas: writing out pros & cons to come to a resolution. Pull the whiteboard out for your own life- big decisions, ideas- writing things down and getting it out of your head is a great way to create newness.
8) Change up your routine. Make an effort to mix it up every so often- this will train you to think better, to be spontaneous, to be more open to change, and will get you out of your same everyday habits.
9) Remind yourself: what’s the worst thing that can happen?
10) Put something big on your calendar– this forces you to change up your routine and mindset.
Change is human nature. It’s how we grow!